Below, despite the humor, is my honest praise to the AWS CDK team and the product.
- Finally bringing code into “infrastructure as code”
(sorry Puppet, Ansible, CloudFormation, SAM, Terraform)
- The only team at AWS that actually cares about your experience
- Suffer much less
- No more dealing with IAM policies anymore*
- Did you know that CodePipeline actually requires an S3 bucket to work?
- CloudFormation? Ye, nice intermediate representation, you know, like assembler with macros.
- Making interaction with AWS bearable
(I would say “again” but it never was)
- So right on so many levels
- Cloud – it doesn’t have to be ugly
- CDK – Cool Developers Know
- Isolating you from the ugly
- We ate the shit so you wouldn’t have to*
- Don’t Look Up^W at the generated CloudFormation
Have a nice day!